My Signature Spring Scent | Narciso Rodriguez For Her

March 2, 2016



As of late, I have been into trying to expand my perfume collection. I have my favorite signature scent that I love and use everyday for a long time now, the Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black, but I've kind of wanted to try something new lately. The Narciso Rodriguez For Her Eau de Toilette is exactly what I needed. Although most would say this particular perfume would be considered a night time or winter fragrance, I definitely will be wearing this in the spring. I find it to be much more feminine and lighter than something like the Nirvana Black or Tom Ford Black Orchid, which are my usual types of scents that I typically go for. I am personally a fan of more unisex and deep scents, almost masculine. However, this perfume, though it is definitely more feminine, is also has those deep bottom notes too.

With For Her's warm note compliments, the body of it has a gentle balance of floral and musk that is perfect for everyday wear. The notes of this fragrance exactly are Honey Flower, Solar Musk, Orange Blossom, Osmanthus, Amberlyn, Vanilla, Tactile Musk, Tactile Woods, Vetiver. All of these combine make for a delicious and sensual perfume. However, I do think that there is definitely a strong powdery top note that does eventually fade as I wear throughout the day. Therefore, I would advise if you are not a fan of that powdery feminine scent, you may not like this perfume. I never thought I would be a fan of a perfume that had that particular note, but when I sprayed this on my arm in a Sephora one day, I literally could not stop smelling my wrist for the rest of the day. It was that addictive that I knew I had to purchase it. The way Sephora describes this perfume is:

"Embark on a journey into a heart of musk with all its multiple facets and discover a mysterious essence for an unforgettable woman, graced with sophistication and femininity. The blend of floral, amber, and woody notes expresses a subtle elegance that captures the senses and leaves a timeless, tender trail."



The bottle of this perfume is one of my favorite features of it. In contrast to the eau de parfum, which is an all pastel pink bottle with a black typeface, the black glass bottle gives a very sleek feel to it. I do find that I have to twist the top prior to pulling it off, but I love that because I know it cannot fall off or have any of fragrance leak if I were to put it in my luggage for a trip.

If you are looking for a new feminine perfume for spring that can take you from day to night that not everyone on street will be wearing, I highly recommend this gorgeous perfume. It is definitely one of kind and a scent that will be timeless that is perfect for any age.

For Her Eau de Toilette is available in three sizes, 1oz, 1.6oz, and 3.3oz, as well as in a 0.23 rollerball. Available now through narcisorodriguez.com, nordstrom.com, and sephora.com.

What is your signature spring scent?

xo,
embur.

8 comments :

  1. Love how sophisticated the bottle looks. I've actually never heard of this perfume which is brilliant for it being your signature as it's so unique yet gorgeous!
    Charlotte // www.charlottespicks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly picked it up at Sephora purely based on the bottle because I hadn't heard of it either, but then I fell in love with scent immediately.

      Delete
  2. This sounds like a lovely scent and the bottle looks very sleek!
    Emmy | Emmys Beauty Cave | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how it's so classy and sophisticated :)

      Delete
  3. I like this scent ! I had tons of perfumes when I lived in France but it was impossible for me to bring them all when I move to the US ;-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's terrible! When I think of France, one thing I think of is perfumes, so I can't imagine getting rid of them :(

      Delete
  4. I would love to give this a sniff, I really like the black bottle too <3

    Abigail Alice x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely my "adult" fragrance in my collection :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment –– I do read every single one!

I will always check out the blogs of people who leave thoughtful and genuine comments & comment back when possible, so please do not spam.