Monthly Favorites | February

March 15, 2016




February felt so outrageously long ago, yet it flew by so quickly. It was all-nighter after all-nighter all through the month for me, so I am thrilled that it is over. However, that just means I am a month closer to graduating and that is purely terrifying. Nevertheless, I am here to recap a couple of my favorites from the past busy month! This month I had a bit of lull with beauty products because I just was not experimenting with new things since I literally had no time to. However, the products I did use in the month of February were on constant repeat. I knew that I could count on these little guys and they really helped me out a lot.

The first thing that I was beyond thrilled about in February was my Narciso Rodriguez For Her Eau de Toliette that I treated myself to on Valentine's Day. I did a full review and post on this gorgeous perfume a week ago if you want to have a look for a more detailed review of it. This is such a lovely fragrance that I will constantly be wearing throughout spring. It's so feminine with a touch of warmth that it is beautiful for everyday wear. I also was so thankful I came across my Boscia Exfoliating Peeling Gel because it was my saving grace this month. My skin took a turn for the worst and felt so dehydrated and dry. I had so much texture and dry patches that no moisturizer was getting rid of it, but this little baby definitely made such a dramatic difference. It helped give me a smooth canvas for my makeup providing a beautiful even finish. I also have expanded my love for Verb's hair care products and after I cut my hair a couple days ago, I have been wanting that model-day-off "messy" look and the Verb Sea Spray has helped create that look so simply and easily. It doesn't make my hair sticky or crunchy. It gives it a lived-in feeling that is very flexible and smells incredible.



As far as makeup in the past month, I did a lot of rediscovery. I found a lot of products in my stash that I had completely forgot about for some reason and I have not stopped using them since. One of my most favorite products that I constantly mention in videos and tutorials is the NYX HD Studio Finishing Powder. It's your basic white translucent powder, but I love this one particularly because it is so light weight, it's very finely milled, and is ideal for setting my concealer underneath the eyes. It helps prevent creasing and controlling the oil in my t-zone if I don't want to set my whole face with powder. I also have been reaching for my Stila Eyes Are The Window Soul palette so much. I don't remember why I tossed this to the side when I first got it because I am such a huge fan of Stila eyeshadows. The formulation is outstanding, they are super blendable as well as holding great pigmentation. I already have the all matte Mind palette and am so utterly obsessed with it (like you would have to pry that out of my cold dead hands), but this one has been my go-to as of late.

The new L'Oreal Color Riche shadows, specifically the one I have in the shade Pain Au Chocolat, are unbelievable. I am so shocked that this is a drugstore shadow because these are some of the most finely milled shadows from the drugstore that I have found yet. They don't skip on my lids, they don't kick up a lot of extra loose powder, and they really are something to pay attention to. I have the L'Oreal La Palette and I never reach for it. The palettes never wowed me, but these individuals are truly phenomenal. I cannot rave about them enough! I've also been going back to my MAC Pro Longwear concealer so much lately that I had to give it a mention in my video. That little baby has been a holy grail of mine for years now, and I honestly have no idea why I stopped using it. I ran out of my NARS eyeshadow primer last month, so I tried the concealer as a primer, much like a lot of freelance makeup artists do, and I loved what it did to my eyes and makeup. It evens out the color of my lids as well as giving a long lasting finish to eyes as well. If you have this concealer and have never used it as a primer, I definitely think you should give it a try!

What were some of your favorites in February?

xo,
embur.

5 comments :

  1. I've recently re discovered my love for that Stila palette! The L'oreal shadow looks amazing. I have a few of their single eye shadows and their brilliant for the price xx

    www.lpagebeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Stila palette looks amazing! I love their eyeshadows. The new L'Oreal ones look great too, they keep catching my eye at the drugstore!

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That L'Oreal single shadow is in such a gorgeous shade!
    Charlotte // www.charlottespicks.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing shades! Amazing blog! Do you want to be friends with me on bloglovin? If yes, just follow me and I'll follow your blog back ASAP!<3 http://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/anna-alina-3947784

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome picks!! that palette looks so pretty (:

    Life in Pastel

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment –– I do read every single one!

I will always check out the blogs of people who leave thoughtful and genuine comments & comment back when possible, so please do not spam.