Valentine's Day Makeup

February 14, 2016



Happy Valentine's Day, my darlings! When it comes to Valentine's Day makeup, I am obsessed with my pinks. I love to look dewy, soft, and very romantic.

When I think of having makeup that is going to last me all night, I need a great base which is why I will always start out with my tried and true love, Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer. It really does a great job at controlling oil in my skin while giving a mattified glow from underneath my foundation. Obviously for foundation I will be reaching for my holy grail Giorgio Armani's Luminous Silk foundation. I talked about this baby in my January Favorites and I cannot rave about this glorious base enough! It gives a healthy glow to skin while also being a very build-able medium to full coverage base. If you're like me and have the most stubborn dark undereye circles, you will appreciate the Urban Decay Naked Weightless concealer. It's going to cover up any spots and reddness that you may have without creasing or being cakey on the skin. I have also been using the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders to set my makeup a lot lately. They brighten up and smooth out my complexion while giving off a soft shimmer that is reflected on my skin when light hits it. We all know, I love to glow like JLo.

If you are looking for a more sculpted look, I never can go wrong with the Smashbox Contour Sticks and my Becca Shimmering Skin Perfectors, especially Champagne Pop! The Smashbox sticks are so creamy and blend out extremely quick and easy. You don't need to be a contouring pro to use them. While the Becca highlighters give off an intense beam that is perfect for a date night out. As far as blush, I can never go wrong with using my NARS blushes, specifically Deep Throat because it is a light rose toned blush with a slight shimmer that compliments every eye look.

As of late, I have been obsessed with my Tartelette in Bloom eyeshadow palette! I mentioned it in my January Favorites too, and the pigmentation and formula of these shadows are to die for. I am opting for more of a feminine day glam look on Valentine's Day, so the rosy and warm tones in this palette are perfect for that. After several coats of the Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara, I apply the Huda Beauty Claudia lashes as they make my eyes look bigger, brighter, and give me longer looking lashes.

Since I am doing a very rosy feminine look, I'll be going for a nude matte lip for the night and if you know me, then you know what my favorite drugstore option will be. I absolutely love all of the Milani Matte Lipsticks, but I will be going for the shade Matte Naked. Even though I won't be kissing anyone, this baby will last through all the spaghetti and ice cream I will be diving into. Of course for a finishing touch, I have to use my Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black rollerball. This is my signature scent and I can't go anywhere without it!

Finally, the best way to spice up my Valentine's is with a little help from Adore Me! They are the hottest brand in lingerie, and even if you don't have a significant other, it's still great to treat yourself this magical day. What girl doesn't love a little bit of lace and silk every now and then? Treat yourself to something that you normally wouldn't! I, for one, am obsessing over their Ellie camisole set!

What will you be wearing for Valentine's?

xo,
embur.

2 comments :

  1. I have oily skin and really want to try the Hourglass primer! The UD Concealer is my holy grail!
    Emmy | Emmys Beauty Cave | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Hourglass primer is really unlike anything I've ever seen. It's great for dry and oily skin, and you don't find that often! The UD concealer is quickly becoming a HG item for me too!

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment –– I do read every single one!

I will always check out the blogs of people who leave thoughtful and genuine comments & comment back when possible, so please do not spam.