Top 5 Mascaras Worth The Hype

February 22, 2016



If you are an avid reader, you will know that one of my favorite products to go through are mascaras, especially from the drugstore. One reason is due to the fact that I have unrealistic expectations for that "false lash" effect. I want something that will give me incredible length, intense volume without clumping, and give my lashes a curl that will lift them up to Heaven above! Mascara is product that you can't just swatch on your hand like a lipstick, you have to wear it a couple times to get a true telling of it. Therefore, I have gone through countless trails and errors in search of the perfect mascara. Now I can thankfully share with you some of my go-to favorite mascaras that I think are worth all the hype!



All of these mascaras do different things, but are amazing in their own way! The mascara that I tend to reach for when I just want a more natural lash that will give me a little boost and help condition my lashes is the Tarte Gifted Mascara. This particular mascara is unique in it's own way because it contains Amazonian Clay, much like the rest of the Tarte range, and helps condition the lashes to grow and strengthen. I love this for days when I'm wearing very minimal makeup and I just want something to open my eyes up and make me look awake.

I picked up the Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara after hearing awesome reviews from other beauty bloggers and that it was a great dupe for the Benefit Roller Lash. I loved the Roller Lash, but I always felt like something was missing from it and the Lash Sensational filled it! It gives my lashes a fantastic curl that last throughout the day, while also providing a bit of volume that the Roller Lash didn't provide. It also defines my lashes and never clumps up on them.

My favorite mascara that I have picked from the drugstore has been the L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara. I specifically love the carbon black version because it is the blackest mascara out there. This mascara gives crazy amount of volume without clumping on the lashes. It's all I need for big and bold lashes. It really helps contribute to that false lash effect that I am always striving to achieve.

Everybody knows about the Benefit They're Real Mascara. There is a reason that this is everybody's favorite mascara! This is the one I turn to when I don't when I don't have to time to fuss with 2 types of mascaras and I can grab and go. It does it all: it lengthens, volumizes, and defines my lashes giving that full lash effect. I find that this mascara is a little hard to take off, even though it isn't waterproof, but I know it won't flake off during the day either.

I'm not a huge fan of waterproof mascara, but the L'Oreal Telescopic Shocking Extensions Waterproof Mascara has changed my mind. I struggle with having short lashes, so I love using this mascara as a base and then adding a more volumizing mascara on top of it. The reason I picked waterproof verison is so the mascara on the tips of my lashes wouldn't flake off throughout the day and it helps hold that curl in my lashes. If you are in desperate need of length, this baby is exactly what you need without getting actual lash extensions

What are some of your favorite mascaras?

xo,
embur.

23 comments :

  1. I love the maybelline lash sensational mascara! Have you tried any of the new revlon mascara's yet? Heard they're pretty good too.

    Megan | www.beautyblisswithmimi.co.za

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I haven't tried any of the new Revlon mascara's, but I am very intrigued and want to! Thanks for checking out my blog :)

      Delete
  2. I love the benefit they're real mascara! It is amazing :)
    Paula | www.namelessgap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the first high-end mascara I ever tried and have loved it ever since! :)

      Delete
  3. Stopping over from the #USbloggers chat tonight! Need to try the Maybelline one for sure! Ive heard so many rave reviews about it but haven't picked it up for some reason!
    xoxo
    kuwcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey girl! I've honestly been reaching for the Maybelline one every single day lately! It's amazing!

      Delete
  4. I love the L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara it adds so much length!
    Emmy | Emmys Beauty Cave | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I hate that they discontinued it! Luckily you can still find it on Amazon.

      Delete
  5. Your photography is amazing! I love lash sensational and they're real!
    Charlotte // www.charlottespicks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG thank you so much, that's so sweet of you! The lash sensational has been my go-to every day lately.

      Delete
  6. I love the Stila Huge mascara, Maybelline Colossal and Maybelline Lash Sensational Luscious! I rarely try out high-end mascaras, but I've heard so many great things about They're Real! that I think I should give it a go!

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my god that Stila Huge Mascara is the most amazing thing I have tried recently! I almost put it in this post, but I didn't want to go over 5. I'm the same though, I rarely try high end mascara because the drugstore has great ones, but the They're Real mascara is one that I think everyone deserves to splurge on a little :)

      Delete
  7. I love Maybelline lash sensational and benefits They're real. Before I discovered Lash sensation, Loreal miss manga punky was my go to, its a brilliant for lengthening and adding volume xx

    www.lpagebeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the L'Oreal Miss Manga for my bottom lashes, but I've never tried the punky before! Maybe I should give it a go too!

      Delete
  8. Your photos are amazing, which camera do you use? Great post as well, I'm actually looking for a new mascara so this is really helpful! Would love if you could check out my recent fashion post? :)

    The Fashion Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that means a lot! I use the Canon T3i with the Canon 40mm lens! I'm so glad I could help you out :)

      Delete
  9. These mascaras look awesome, maybelline definitely make great mascaras. My holy grail mascara is definitely the rimmel lash accelerator.

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried that Rimmel one, maybe I should give it a try!

      Delete
  10. I really want to try out the benefit mascara! I've seen so many good reviews of it! You have a gorgeous blog :) xxx
    http://www.samanthafrances.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much! That really means a lot! It's a staple in my makeup collection

      Delete
  11. They're Real and Lash Sensational are my favourites! I though the Gifted mascara was ok but I was expecting something a little more as I'd heard a lot about it, though it's fine for a very subtle look as you said xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I particularly love the Gifted mascara for my bottom lashes, but it's something I would mainly reach for when it comes to "no makeup" makeup days. I agree with you, it's definitely not the one to go for if you want some drama haha

      Delete
  12. That Tarte one sounds fab! I'm a huge fan of Benefit Roller Lash, but I'll definitely be giving some of these a shot :)

    Lilies and Lipbalm
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment –– I do read every single one!

I will always check out the blogs of people who leave thoughtful and genuine comments & comment back when possible, so please do not spam.