Monthly Favorites | January

February 12, 2016




It's the best time of the month that we can actually looked forward to, monthly favorites time! I don't know about you, but January was jam-packed for me. I'm honestly kind of glad it is over, but it's also weird that we are already a month deep into 2016. When it comes to my monthly favorites for January, it can be a bit overwhelming. I just finished a yearly favorites, and I'm trying to focus on all the new beauty items in my life without drowning you in a never-ending list of products. Because let's face it, I already take too long on these posts and videos. I'm trying to cut you a break here!

Being in the south, January is when winter really hits us. My skin has no oil left in it and I find myself exfoliating almost every day. That being said, hydration is key this time of the year for me. A while ago I picked up the L'Occitane Almond Shower oil thanks to Kate La Vie's recommendation, and it has been a life savior for me along with the L'Occitane Almond Milk Concentrate lotion. My legs and arms crave hydration like Los Angeles in a summer drought, but I never would have guessed that almond would have been the answer to my problems. Not only does the shower oil gently cleanse my skin, but it provides hydration instead of stripping my skin of it's natural oils that it desperately needs. If you're like me and have rough and bumpy skin this time of year too, this oil makes a great base for shaving as well. The amazing scent is just an added bonus!

If you are an avid follower of mine, then you probably are very aware of how much I love luminous skin. Even though I am typically a combo skin girl, I still love to get my glow on. That's why after trying a sample of the cult-favorite Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk foundation while I was in Las Vegas, I knew that I had to treat myself to a bottle of it this winter. I am so glad I did because this is going straight to the top shelf of my favorite foundations. Not only is it a buildable full coverage foundation, but it also gives the perfect amount of healthy glow to the skin. I've received so many compliments while wearing this that I fully believe in the hype now!



Other things in makeup that I have been loving for a while, I was so happy when received the Tarte Tartelette in Bloom palette for Christmas. This palette is every green-eyed girls dream! If you don't have green eyes, you will still love this palette though. The formulation of the shadows is completely different than of the original Tartelette palette. The shadows are more pigmented, they blend a lot better and are not patchy on the eyes. Also this particular palette includes 3 shimmer shades that are to die for! I'm also notorious for trying out new mascara, so when I saw the travel size of the Stila Huge Extreme Lash mascara, I thought why not give it a try and I'm so glad I did! If you want that false lash effect with intense volume and length, you will love this mascara. The applicator is very similar to the Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara, but I personally favor this Stila mascara more because the formula is a lot drier and does not clump on my lashes like the Too Faced one tends to.

I don't often talk about hair care on my blog, but lately I have been adding and trying out a lot of new products in my hair care routine to switch things up a bit. One thing that I have done a lot recently is only washing my hair about once a week. To many people that may sound disgusting, but I'm lucky enough that my hair takes forever to look oily. On top of damaging my poor hair by adding highlights frequently, I already have very thick hair that is drier than my skin! So in order to increase the longevity of the highlights, keeping my hair from turning too orange or yellow, and letting my natural oils condition my hair to keep it healthy, the Verb Dry Shampoo has become my best friend. It's a lot like the Bumble and Bumble Pret-A-Powder, but this particular bottle has a more precise cone tip to really distribute the powder evenly and exactly where you want it in the roots. It's very light-weight and I never feel like I have too much product build up in my hair like most aerosol dry shampoos give me.

My last beauty favorite for January was the Gariner Micellar Water. I was thrilled when I found out that we would be getting this baby in American stores after hearing all the British beauty bloggers raving about it. A micellar water that is comparable, if not better than Bioderma? Sign me up! I loved my Simple Micellar Water, but if I can pay the same price for the Garnier one as I do with Simple and get more than twice the amount of product, then I'm sorry Simple, but we have to break up.

What were some of your favorites from January?

xo,
embur.

2 comments :

  1. I love the Garnier micellar water. As a french girl (living now in Charleston, SC) I had the habit to use ton of micellar water and it was so hard to find some in the US that it is a pleasure to have this one now !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy it's finally in the US! It's the best thing ever and a total life saver!

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment –– I do read every single one!

I will always check out the blogs of people who leave thoughtful and genuine comments & comment back when possible, so please do not spam.