Top 10 High-End Picks for Summer

July 2, 2015



A couple weeks ago on my channel I made a video of my Top 10 Drugstore Picks for Summer, so I thought it was only appropriate to share my top 10 high-end picks for this summer season! A lot of these products I really do love to use year round, but I think that they are perfect for the summer season as well. When it comes to summer makeup, I really want products that are going to have longevity through the heat, but also give me that natural and radiant glow from within. I live in the south, so it gets extremely humid here during the summer, so I need something that isn't too heavy on my face and is going to last through the sweat. Too TMI? I especially love products that have SPF included in them. Since I am very fair, I already try to wear some sunscreen when I go out during the day, but having that little extra protection in my makeup makes it feel and look better. Like I said, I'm all about the glow and I do love the smell of sun screen.

I don't normally wear heavy foundation during the summertime, at least not during the day. I'm more of a tinted moisturizer/BB cream lover in the summer. I'm going to end up sweating it off more than likely, so I don't see the point in wearing a heavy base that's going to melt off my face. One of my favorite bases to wear in the summer has to be the bareMinerals Complexion Rescue. For a tinted hydrating gel cream, this has such an amazing coverage. It hides my redness and really evens out my complexion. It also gives this cooling sensation when you apply it and I find that really refreshing. However, if I do decide to wear a bit more coverage at night, I need a primer that is going make my foundation last through the night and not have it breaking up on my face. Lately this summer, especially after trying this baby out in the Vegas heat, I have come to enjoy the Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer. Not only does this primer make my foundation go on smooth and stay on throughout the day and night, but it is slightly mattifying without making my skin look lackluster like many mattyfying primers do. With the help of this gorgeous, yet very expensive primer, my foundation doesn't settle into any fine lines or big pores. It keeps the oil around my T-Zone on lock, and I don't feel like I need to cake on extra powder all the time.



Like I said above, I'm all about that radiant glow from within look this time of year – but if we're being real here, when am I not though? One of my favorite highlighters as of late has hands down been the NARS Copacabana Illuminator. The glow you get from liquid highlighters is a lot more pigmented than from a simple powder product. This highlighter gives off a nice icy-pink finish that looks amazing on any skin tone. However, if you don't want that strong of a highlight, I highly recommend the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette. I have been lusting after this palette ever since it came out, and Sephora finally brought it back and I could not be happier. I will doing a full review and blog post on this product coming soon, so stay tuned for that!

Now I think bronzer is probably a must when it comes to summer beauty. One of my favorites has to be the infamous NARS Laguna bronzer. This is one of the best bronzer out there on the market. It has the perfect amount of warmth to its color, and even adding a bit of shimmer that gives off a subtle healthy glow to the skin. This bronzer can come off a bit heavy, but if you build the color up slightly, I think it will give you such a natural sunkissed bronzed tan to your skin.



When it comes to eyes for the summer, I love bright colors and warm shadows. I love warm shadows all year round, but I think summer is the perfect time to really play them up. Although I am partial to warm toned and matte shadows, I find that I am always diving into my shimmery shadows this time of the year. I think I have to give it to the Lorac PRO palette for my favorite summer eyeshadow palette because you can get so many looks with this simple palette – plus, it's travel friendly for your summer vacations! I also a huge fan of a winged eye, but I need something that isn't going to melt off my face from sweat. As far as waterproof liquid liner goes, nothing can top the Stila Stay All-Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner. This baby can stay on through anything the weather around me hits me with. I literally have to scrub this off my eye with an oil to just get it off. This liner can stick with me through thick or thin. It also comes in so many colors that are great for summer!

When it comes to staying power, I need my brows to hang on all day as well. Anytime I think of brows, I automatically think of Anastasia Beverly Hills because the girl is queen of everything brows; so obviously, I'm choosing my Anastasia DIPBROW pomade as my favorite brow product for the summer. I love it so much simply because I know my brows aren't going to melt off when I'm in the pool or gym. I know so many people rave about the Make Up For Ever Aqua Brows when it comes to needing waterproof brows, but I love the DIPBROW a lot more, especially if you set your brows after using it.



Everybody and their mother has been on this entire liquid lipstick craze lately, and I'm not ashamed to say that I am on the bandwagon. I've raved about the Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks, but I think my favorites for summer are really the Too Faced Melted Liquid Lipsticks. They have a great staying power, they're really smooth on my lips, and they never dry them out. I also like it because I can layer on the lipstick throughout the day and night without them getting gunky or disgusting around the inner parts of my lips. If that doesn't sell you, I think the color range of these liquid lipsticks are great as well. There are so many bright colors that scream summer fun to me and I cannot stop wearing these bad boys right now.

If you watched my May Favorites that I posted on my channel a couple of weeks ago, then you would have seen me act like a complete idiot when I talked about the Urban Decay All-Nighter Makeup Setting Spray. This spray is so amazing in every single way possible and I cannot leave my house without dousing myself in this majesticness of this outstanding spray. I rambled on in that video about how my makeup withstood 103 degree Vegas heat with this spray, and if that doesn't show you how awesome this spray is, then I don't know what possibly could. I am so happy that I have this little baby in my life and I honestly don't think my makeup could last this hot and humid summer without it.



I hope you guys enjoyed this video, and if you haven't checked out my Top 10 Drugstore Picks for Summer, go on over to my channel to check it out now! What are some of your must have high-end products for summer?

xo,
embur.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment –– I do read every single one!

I will always check out the blogs of people who leave thoughtful and genuine comments & comment back when possible, so please do not spam.