The Sunday Post: Viva Las Vegas

June 7, 2015

11393184_10204287455374767_9134361053580082009_n



This past week I have been in crazy Las Vegas, Nevada! I had such a blast on this trip. This was my first time ever going to Vegas, and actually my first time ever on the west coast. Let me tell you, 103 degrees over there is a whole lot better and nicer than 103 degrees in North Carolina. If it was that hot in North Carolina with our humidity, people would be having heat strokes left and right. So even though my hair and armpits loved the dry heat, my legs just did not. I did not realize that dry desert heat would dry my skin out so much. Note to self: if you move to the west coast, buy a ton of lotion.

Of course I did a lot of shopping, but not much gambling. The extent of my gambling was winning $5 on the slots, then losing that $5 at blackjack. Needless to say, I'm much better at fake blackjack than the real deal. Isn't that always the case? The extent of my gambling relied more on my luck. While we were in Vegas, Caesars Palace was hosting the iHeart Radio Pool Party. It was a pretty big deal and had been sold out for months and months. Well, while walking around Caesars Palace in search for drinks and celebrities, I actually ran into Echosmith who was performing in the concert. Stupid me didn't even think about asking for a picture with them. However, I ended up making up for that mishap. After that small encounter, I noticed that one of the doors to the closed off pool had been left unlocked. I wasn't the only one who noticed this after people not wearing passes to the Pool Party walked in and out of it. With just a second of looking to see that no one else was stopping them, I decided to barge right through the door and hide straight in the bushes. Although a security guard did come up to us and tell us that we weren't supposed to be there, he was nice enough not to kick us out. I was too concerned with what was happening on stage anyways. There he was, the love of my life: Nick freaking Jonas. The topping to the best night was probably hearing him sing 'Jealous' live! He is so much hotter in person, and those muscles are just as great. Seeing him again live was such a great reunion from the last time I saw him: in concert with the Jonas Brothers decked out in Jonas Brothers and Camp Rock merchandise. I'm so embarrassing!

Besides shopping and going out to nice dinners, plus seeing Jeff Dunham (one of my favorite comedians) live, that was the extent of my trip. I was not there long, only 4 nights, but for the time I was there, I had so much fun. I definitely would love to go back with a group of my girlfriends, although I don't know how well that would go. Literally it would probably end worse than the movie The Hangover. I love them, but they can be a little too crazy sometimes. Just put some alcohol in them and there is no turning back. Nevertheless, I had a great time and I cannot wait to go back soon!

xo,
embur.

2 comments :

  1. Love the pictures<3 hope you have a great time thanks for sharing
    follow for follow?:)

    xoxo
    http://hilarynirvana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had such a good time, I definitely would have sneaked into to pool party as well, ha!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment –– I do read every single one!

I will always check out the blogs of people who leave thoughtful and genuine comments & comment back when possible, so please do not spam.