Monthly Favorties | May

June 19, 2015

may favorites, L'Oreal Infallible, Stila Eyes Are The Window Mind palette, Urban Decay All Nighter spray, NARS Copacabana, NARS Pro-Prime, L'Oreal Infallible eyeshadow

This post is long over due, I am very aware. It's better late than never, am I right? I know my blogging game has not been quite up to par as of late, but I'm slowly getting back. Taking a long break really does wear on you. However, I am back and I'm ready to discuss some monthly favorites with you!

There was a lot that I was really into this month, so it was a little difficult to narrow down what I was loving. One of the big things that I talked about in my favorites video was the L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte foundation that I did a complete and full review on a week ago. I think that it's really rare, for me at least, that I love a drugstore foundation so much that I want to put it in my monthly favorites, but this foundation really is outstanding. I love the coverage that it gives, and I don't find it too mattifying for my taste. Normally I tend to shy away from very matte foundations, but this one really does let my skin shine through and give a nice glow to the skin.

Speaking of glow, I was utterly obsessed with the NARS Copacabana Illuminator. I really like mixing it in with the L'Oreal foundation. I think that they are such a great combo together. You get the medium-to-full coverage from the foundation, but the illumination from the liquid highlighter. I think the NARS illuminator is actually a hundred times more pigmented than the multiple stick. Even though I love the packaging and travel-friendlyness of the multiple, the illuminator gives such a better glow and radiance to the skin.

I also thoroughly enjoyed the Stila Eyes Are The Window Mind palette. I took this with me to Vegas and it really came in handy. During the day, I was not really into wearing a lot of makeup because it was so hot, so I loved using this palette to create a natural matte eye. Then at night, I would use some of the more darker shades and some shimmery shadows like the L'Oreal Infallible eyeshadows to take the look from day-to-glam. It worked great with the NARS Pro-Primer, and that primer really helped make the shadows last longer and give them more pigmentation almost. It's such a versatile palette for it to be all matte. I find that I can get so many looks with it without diving into another palette of mine. I'm personally just a really big fan of matte shadows. So if you like matte shadows, or you want an all matte palette just to add to your collection, I would definitely check this out! I think it's perfect for any collection whether you like cool or warm toned, you're going to get a nice mix of both.



I hope you all really enjoyed my May favorites! Again, apologies that it is going up rather late, but hopefully soon we will be getting back in the swing of things. What were your favorites from May?

xo,
embur.




1 comment :

Thank you so much for your comment –– I do read every single one!

I will always check out the blogs of people who leave thoughtful and genuine comments & comment back when possible, so please do not spam.