Get Ready With Me | Rose Gold

May 21, 2015



I know that this is a super late post because I actually did this video last week on my channel (sorry about that). I'm slowly trying to get my blogging mojo back. I feel like when I put a lot of energy into one of my platforms, another one suffers. This week it's been my blog that has suffered. Anyways, I'm trying to get back on track and that is with this blog post!

In this video, I wanted to show you guys this red/rose gold/coppery/I-don't-know-what-to-really-call-it eye look that I have been doing a lot lately. I've been wearing this look a lot when I go out with my girl friends at night. I think that it's a fun look, especially for the summertime. It's very bright, eye-catching, and gliterry. It's definitely different and something that I normally do not wear. If you have blue eyes, even green eyes like me, this look is going to make your eyes really pop. It's definitely a bold look that you could also pair with a bold lip if you want; however I did just pair it with a simple nude lip because I wanted all the focus to be on my eyes.

Two of the products that I used to make this specific eye look were the Stila Eyes Are The Window Mind palette and L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Amber Rush. When I purchased the Stila palette, I really wanted to use that red shadow in the shade perception. It's such a rare shadow in my eyeshadow collection, so I definitely wanted to find a great look to use that in and I think is perfect. I love this palette overall because the shadows in it are so creamy and blend like a dream. A lot of people don't like an all matte palette because they don't think they can make an entire look from it, but I think I can, especially on lazy days. I just find these shadows really easy to work with. I also love the L'Oreal Infallible eyeshadows because they are like pressed pigments. They are very pigmented and are really easy to pack on the eyelid. I definitely want to get more of these in my collection.



I hope you guys like this video! I wanted to do something casual and laid back. If you like this kind of video, let me know and I will do some more in the future. Also, if you do this look or use the perception eyeshadow in some other way, let me know in the comments down below. I would love to find other ways to wear this shadow because it is so unique. Do you like wearing bold looks like this in the summer?

xo,
embur.

4 comments :

  1. So pretty! i love the eyeshadow!
    Maddy, xo // UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love rose gold but haven't yet tried to use it in my makeup - I'm too attached to my bronze shades, but I need to branch out and this seems is quite nice for the start ;)
    If you'd like you could check out my new blog arabesque - I'd be honored ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love those l'oreal infallible shadows! they don't seem to get as much love in the blogging world as they used to in the past and it's funny that not many other brands seem to have come out with their own version of the formula because it's SUCH a good one. i do wish they'd release some new neutral shades in the line though!

    jessica - littlehenrylee.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment –– I do read every single one!

I will always check out the blogs of people who leave thoughtful and genuine comments & comment back when possible, so please do not spam.