The Sunday Post: Easter Weekend

April 5, 2015






Happy Easter! I hope you all had a wonderful day and weekend. I certainly did as I lay on my couch devouring a chocolate bunny. I can't believe that it is now April. This year literally needs to slow down because my friends will be graduating soon and I'm not ready for that! I'm also not ready for summer yet. Your girl needs to hit the gym and get her sunless tan on real soon.

Nevertheless, I hope you all had a lovely weekend as did I. This past weekend I went hiking on Stone Mountain in North Carolina. It's a tradition that me and father have every Easter weekend, we hike a different mountain and have some bonding time. Let me tell you now that my calves are really feeling it right now! I don't think we have ever hiked such a steep mountain before. However, we have hiked higher mountains for sure. Even though this is not the highest mountain we have hiked, the view was worth it at the summit. We haven't reached the summit of many mountains because a lot of them tend to be quite tall for a one day's hike. Although one day we would love to do a backpacking trip and camp along the Blue Ridge Parkway and hike parts of the infamous Appalachian trail.

Since we live in North Carolina, we luckily have the gorgeous Appalachian mountains. Then on the other side of the state is the coast which is where I live - I know, North Carolina has the best of both worlds. I'm the kind of girl that loves living at the beach where it is always warm and my allergies don't bother me because salt air is amazing. Every now and then, though, I do like to slip away to the mountains because you can't get a view like the picture above every day. That's such an amazing place that you can really feel so close to God, and on Easter weekend, where else would you rather be than closer to our Father!

Although this weekend is about something more special than chocolate and presents, I was happy to receive a few chocolate goodies from my grandmother. I was pretty gutted that I didn't have a chance to enjoy a nice Easter dinner with my family tonight because I had to travel back to my apartment on the coast for school tomorrow - unfortunately. However, I was thankful to have time with my family this weekend and I am also very luckily that I have my chance to see them again this coming weekend as they are coming to visit me for a performance I have!

I hope you all had a beautiful weekend. Did you have a chance to spend time with your family? What were your Easter plans? Let me know in the comments down below!

xo,
embur.


2 comments :

  1. beautiful photos Emily! We also had beautiful weather and I spent the weekend with my family :) <3

    www.anacelinelabod.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment –– I do read every single one!

I will always check out the blogs of people who leave thoughtful and genuine comments & comment back when possible, so please do not spam.