Spring Drugstore Beauty Tutorial

April 21, 2015



I love spring beauty products and there has been so many new launches recently, especially from the drugstore. When it comes to my makeup in the spring, I really like to have that glow from within kind of feel. I also like to slowly start incorporating color into everyday looks. Now I say slowly because I'm a neutral eyeshadow girl at heart. So when I bought the L'Oreal La Palette Nude 2, it was kind of a big step for me. Besides this, the only real color I ever used was in my Urban Decay 3 palette or my Lorac Pro palette, and those aren't that crazy. I figured purple would be appropriate though because it makes my green eyes really pop!

A lot of the products that I used in this tutorial look very familiar to you because I have been talking about them non-stop since my spring beauty haul. (I know, I sound like a broken record, but these products are just that amazing.) This look that I did with these new products are becoming my favorites, if they already weren't in my March favorites. The Maybelline Master Prime in Blur + Illuminate is becoming a possible holy grail primer for sure.



One of the newer items that I was trying out in this tutorial was the Rimmel Lasting Finish 25hr with Comfort Serum Skin Perfecting Full Coverage Foundation. I know, it's such a long name that I want to punch Rimmel in the face for it. You are all aware of my annoyance for long product names. However, I am not annoyed by this foundation. I love it - honest. I rarely do like drugstore liquid foundations, especially when they promise me full coverage because I never get that result. I don't believe I get full coverage with this foundation, it's definitely more medium, but I actually don't hate it. For a natural spring look, I think it works really well. It blends into the skin very evenly and doesn't cling to any of my dry patches or pool up in my pores. It definitely helps even out my skin and redness without caking up or suffocating my skin. As far as the whole 25 hour appeal, I never plan on keeping my makeup on that long so I can't verify how true that really is. I honestly beg of you not keep your foundation on that long, please. Overall, I definitely hope to be using this more and more in the future.

I love this L'Oreal La Palette Nude 2, too! I have been waiting and dying for this to come over to America so badly, and now it is finally here! Granted, I don't believe that it is exactly the same as it is in Britain, which makes me a bit upset because that one looked amazing and had a lot more warm brown tone eyeshadows in the palette. These are the ideal drugstore eyeshadows. Honestly, the best ones I have ever tried and are so comparable to Urban Decay's. These shadows are buttery, pigmented, long-lasting, just basically everything you want from the drugstore. Although it's kind of pricey for drugstore eyeshadow, I think it's appropriate just because they are that outstanding!




I hope you guys like this tutorial, let me know if you guys have tried this palette and what you think of the look. What is your staple makeup product this spring from the drugstore? Let me know in the comments down below!

xo,
embur.


8 comments :

  1. I love the Nude Palette 2 and think it's great for the drugstore--however, I think the UK has a rose one and I'm disappointed we didn't get it!

    makeupmusicbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I loved that one and I wish the one in America looked more like it. I'm not going to complain too much though cause these are pretty nice. I would, however, trade a couple shadows in this palette for some in the UK version.

      Delete
  2. I love this palett, it has nice colours and also matt shades and I'm a big fan of that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the palette looks so pretty! love how your look came out!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to get the L'oreal Palette it looks stunning! Amazing post, just discovered and followed your blog, love it! xx

    Beauty Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First off, thank you so much! Also, I love these eyeshadows. I definitely want to get the other palette now because I love the warm tones in it. :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment –– I do read every single one!

I will always check out the blogs of people who leave thoughtful and genuine comments & comment back when possible, so please do not spam.