Sephora VIB Sale Haul

April 29, 2015



As some of you may have noticed, last week and the week before was the Sephora VIB Sale, where Sephora's VIB Rouge and VIB members received 15% off all products in the store. Everybody and their grandmother went crazy (especially online). If you read my Sephora VIB Sale Wish List, you may have noticed that I actually did not get a single thing that was on my wish list. Ironically, everything that I wanted was sold out in my Sephora. I guess that's what I get for going on Friday when the sale was almost half over. Oops. I know I could have ordered it all online, but I really hate waiting. When I want to go out and buy myself a product, I want it right then so I can try it out and swatch it. I'm also overly paranoid that something will break in the mail because that's happened to me before when I ordered my Lorac Pro palette—yes, I'm still jaded about that. That being said, I did take the chance to go ahead and get some products I either needed a back-up of or products I had been debating about trying, but wasn't too sure and now I'm so glad I did get!

NARS Laguna Bronzing Powder
NARS is one of my favorite brands, I want almost every thing by them. Although, the Laguna bronzer was one of those products that I was always on the fence about purchasing simply because I was afraid it would be too dark for me and too pricey; that is simply not that case at all anymore. Luckily it was one of the few things that my Sephora had in stock from NARS and I took the 15% off as plunge to get it. Now I can't stop using it! I absolutely love it, and I can see why everyone else does too. The description on Sephora's website says that is a slight goldish/brown shimmer, and if you look really close in the pan, you do see a slight shimmer. However, when you apply on your face, it definitely appears matte without any noticeable shimmer. It's obviously a cult classic product that is always hyped up because so many people say that it's one of their favorite brozners, and I am officially now one of those people too. I still think my Benefit Hoola bronzer is my ride or die bronzer, but Laguna is definitely a close second.



bareMinerals Complexion Rescue
I had been wanting the Complexion Rescue for a really long time. I have heard countless of amazing reviews of it and some great first impressions too. The only reason that I didn't put it on my wish list was because I wanted to get a little bit more use out of my NARS tinted moisturizer before I went out and got another product that was basically another tinted moisturizer. But when I saw that they were out of my shade in the NARS Sheer Glow, I thought why not go ahead and give the Complexion Rescue a shot (it's a lot cheaper too), and I'm so glad I did! I have worn this almost every day since I bought it, and I haven't done that with a base product since I bought my Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation. When bareMinerals said that this was a tinted hydrating gel cream, they weren't joking. From the moment I first apply it on my skin, it gives a sort of cooling touch to the skin, and as I apply it, I feel like it actually is hydrating my skin. I love that it's a gel cream, you guys know that is my favorite texture when it comes to a base product. BareMinerals says that it's supposed to basically be a tinted moisturizer, BB cream, and CC cream all rolled into one. But for what I basically just consider to be a tinted moisturizer, it gives so much coverage than I thought. It really does even out my complexion and cover my redness to where I don't need to go in with my concealer that much after. It gives off this radiance from within kind of look (and you guys know I love that), and I felt like the longer I wore it, the better it actually looked. This was definitely the best purchase I think I got from the sale.

Sephora Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover
This was a back-up that I basically needed. Since it's getting warmer, I've started wearing a lot more waterproof mascara. Normally I use the Lancome Bi-Facil waterproof eye makeup remover, but it's so expensive, and my Sephora does not sell it. I had heard a lot people talk about Sephora's own waterproof eye makeup remover, so I thought why not try it out! I have to say, I do still love the Lancome one just because it doesn't leave my skin feeling too oily or greasey. Also if it gets in my eyes, it doesn't sting. However, I do feel like the Sephora one removers my eye makeup a lot quicker. All I do is shake it up, pour some on a cotton pad, and just sit it on my eye and almost all of my eye makeup and mascara comes off in one swipe. I do think that I have to scrub a little bit more to get my mascara off with the Lancome one (which I know you're not supposed to do, but yolo). So I don't really like the oily film it leaves on my skin, but my eyelashes don't hurt afterwards so it's kind of in between with this one. I don't love it, but I don't hate it. I feel like with waterproof eye makeup remover, it's just one of those things where you just have to settle.



WEN by Chaz Dean Fig Cleansing Conditioner
I have used WEN before, although I'm not sure if I've talked about them before on my YouTube or blog. I was so happy when they started selling WEN in Sephora because I think it's such a great brand that a lot more people should really use. At first, it does sound weird saying that this is the one product that you use on your hair. You don't need shampoo, conditioner, deep condition, leave-in conditioner, or a detangler. As someone who doesn't wash their hair a lot, I was thrown off a bit back when I started using it because I wasn't sure how it was supposed to clean your hair, and I need that. Somehow, someway, I don't know the exact science behind it, but it does clean your hair without leaving it dry and lifeless. The thing that I love about the WEN Cleansing Conditioner, and why I've gone back to it is because when I wash my hair at night, I don't wake up with this dry frizzy hair that can't hold a curl or stay straight. It gives you that second day hair immediately. When you use a regular shampoo and conditioner, you strip the hair of it's natural oils. The WEN Cleansing Conditioner not only cleans the hair, but puts it back in natural oils better than a regular conditioner could ever do. It gives my hair life without making my hair look too orange or brassy. It makes my hair feel healthier, even though it's not. If you have not tried it, I would definitely check it out. The girl at Sephora said that the Fig one was good for red hair, I'm not 100% sure about that. I did notice that the Fig one has left my hair feeling better than the Cucumber Aloe, Sweet Almond, or Lavender one has. So I've tried all of them, and this one for some reason, I like the texture it leaves my hair feeling the next day a lot more.

Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray
This was a product that I wanted to just get a back-up of since it's getting warmer and I sweat like a gorilla in the rainforest around this time of the year. I love this setting spray because it really is like hairspray for your face. I use it every night when I go out, and I've even used it when I go to the gym or dance practice and I want to have on a little concealer, mascara, and my eyebrows done. I don't see a lot of movement from my makeup when I use this spray. My makeup is not broken up by the end of night when I use it. Especially on my nose, that's where I tend to lose makeup the first because it can get a little oily. I still lose a little on my nose and the top of my forehead near my hairline, but not as much as usual. It's to be expected I lose a little bit here and there because you can't beat the heat all the time. It's still a great spray that I will always use when I know I need to stay flawless.



So that is everything that I bought at the Sephora VIB Sale. I know I didn't get as much as a lot of other people, but home girl is college student trying to learn how to actually budget money still. I am very pleased with what I got, even though everything I originally wanted was sold out. I think I got some great products that I will continue to love and use for a long time. Did you participate in the sale? If so, what did you get in the sale? Let me know in the comments down below!

xo,
embur.



11 comments :

  1. I tried the Bare Minerals on my hand yesterday when I was shopping and I put it directly in my wishlist :) I just wish it was a bit more affordable!
    Lovely blog, I'm a new follower. x

    alexandraabeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels like I have been using it almost everyday since I bought it! I feel like I definitely get my moneys worth out of it for sure! :)

      Delete
  2. The UD setting spray sounds so good. I've heard a lot of good reviews about all of them, but I think I would pick up the All Nighter long-lasting one as well

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live in constant humidity and this spray really helps my makeup stay on all day through the sweat and everything the south has to offer haha!

      Delete
  3. I do really want to try the Bare Minerals, I just adore their original foundation!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They know what they're doing when it comes to their bases!

      Delete
  4. oh you got some lovely things!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got some good loot. I'd love to get my hands on that Fig WEN cleansing conditioner. Sounds marvelous. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a serious savior for my damaged hair. I highly recommend checking it out!

      Delete
  6. Great reviews! I absolutely love my NARS Laguna bronzer. I love how well it suits my skin, especially when I have a tan.

    Connie | Sponsored by Coffee | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment –– I do read every single one!

I will always check out the blogs of people who leave thoughtful and genuine comments & comment back when possible, so please do not spam.