Monthly Favorites | March

April 7, 2015



Can we just take a minute real quick to look back and realize that it's already April? 2015 definitely needs to slow down. My spring semester is quickly coming to the end and I'm not ready to let my best friends go! Anyways, you know what time it is then. It's that of the month time that I actually love where I share with you guys my monthly favorites for the month of March, and let's just say, March was very good to me. A lot of the things I was loving this month were from my spring beauty haul that I did a few weeks ago, but I didn't have the chance to really review all the products back then. Now that I have, I have fallen so hard in love with some of these products that there may be a couple of new holy grail items!

However, not all of my products this month were from my spring beauty haul. I did have one lone item that I have had for quite some time now, and when I was de-cluttering my makeup collection, I came across the Revlon PhotoReady Skinlights Illuminator and I fell back in love with it all over again! I forgot how pigmented this highlighter was. If you want a nice liquid highlighter from the drugstore, I would definitely check out this line. I have it in Pink Light because I truly prefer more pink-toned highlights since I have a pink undertone in my skin. I feel like they look a lot more natural on me, and this product even looks natural too. It does have some sparkle in it, but it's not over the top by any means.



One of the holy grail items that I am still obsessing over is the NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer. I know that I must sound like a broken record when it comes to this tinted moisturizer, but it's honestly worth all the hype it deserves. When I say that this product is amazing, I'm not lying at all. I have never seen a tinted moisturizer with such great coverage and is not too orange for my skin type. It blends in seamlessly and does not pool up in my pores or even attach it's self to any dry patches. I do put on my regular moisturizer before applying this, but I also just don't believe in being over moisturized because I'm so dry, and I think it really helps this product go on a lot smoother.

Another amazing product that I can officially consider a holy grail would have to be the Anastasia DIPBROW Pomade. Now I know I am definitely sounding like a broken record for sure when it comes to not only this pomade, but also with Anastasia Beverly Hills' products. That is simply why I'm not going to talk much about this product so much in this post. If you want to read my full review of it, check out my blog post where I did on a full review of it. Other than that, I will say it is worth the hype and I have slowly started incorporating it into my everyday brow routine.



I was obviously very into illumination and radiant natural skin looking makeup this month, so another product I have loved this month was the Maybelline Master Prime in Blue + Illuminate. I love primers that have an illumination effect because that glow is going to appear much more natural on the skin like it's coming from within. A lot of drugstore primers that I have tried tend to be a lot oilier than I hope, but that's not the case with this primer at all. I think it has the perfect texture and goes on very smooth under my foundation. Ultimately, it looks very natural on my skin since it does have that pink tone to it. I definitely love this primer way more than the Almay CC Luminous primer that I tried a while back. That primer seemed a lot more oilier compared to this Maybelline one. As far as a blurring effect, I don't see that at all - at least not with this particular one. I would say if you wanted one that is going to give you that effect, I would go for the Blue + Smooth primer from this line. Other than that, I love this primer and it has been my favorite one from the drugstore so far.




So there you have it, these were my favorites for the month of March! I hope you enjoyed the video. I do plan getting back into the groove of blogging again real soon. Hopefully after this week, everything will be back to normal here on Embur! In the meantime, what have you been loving this month? Let me know in the comments down below!

xo,
embur.


2 comments :

  1. I love the look of that blush, it's such a pretty colour!
    Maddy, xo // UNSTITCHEDD // Win a Luxury Beauty Item of your Choice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's suuuper pigmented, but I can't get enough of it! :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment –– I do read every single one!

I will always check out the blogs of people who leave thoughtful and genuine comments & comment back when possible, so please do not spam.