The Sunday Post: Spring Break

March 15, 2015



It's the end of another week—spring break to be exact. I write this as I sit on a beach gazing at the sunset. All I need is wine and a boyfriend, and you could say this is the best end to a break ever. Unfortunately, I did not go anywhere exciting for spring break this year. I was just happy to have a break and see my family. I only wish this break was longer!

While I was home, I got to spend lots of time with my friends, like Hannah. I want to say that lots went down, but mainly we just sat around Starbucks and Target gossiping. My hometown is not that exciting, especially when everyone we knew was in Florida for spring break. Next year, I will be going to Florida for sure. I wish we could have at least laid out to tan, but there was no way that I was going to do that in 40 degree weather. If it was not for spending time with Hannah and my adorable parents, I would have been bored to death.

A lot of people I know went to the beach, but I felt like that was overrated since I live at one (I mean how amazing is that picture of basically my backyard). So instead, we ventured into the mountains. It was a bit freezing there and still even a bit of snow on the ground. Definitely not my cup of tea. However, I made a huge dent into my wallet and did a huge shopping spree—it was much needed. I haven't had a huge haul in a long time, so stay tuned for that on my channel and here as well this week. I went a little crazy, but what else are you going to do with your best friend on a rainy weekday with no one else around?

I wish I could say more about my week, but honestly, I was just glad that I had a break. I was desperate need of it from the stress of school and midterms. I felt like I had been slacking off on here and my channel, but I was in such a need of a break that I wanted to do nothing. However, I still had work that needed to be done. That being said, I'm going to finish that said work right about now. How was your past week? What are your plans for your spring break, if you have one?

xo,
embur.


2 comments :

  1. That's a gorgeous view, I'm a tiny bit jealous :) ! Glad you enjoyed your break!

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you! Being able to have the beach as my backyard may or may not have been one of the top reason I decided to go to a university on the coast haha :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment –– I do read every single one!

I will always check out the blogs of people who leave thoughtful and genuine comments & comment back when possible, so please do not spam.