Anastasia DIPBROW Pomade Review

March 12, 2015



Some of you may have noticed a theme here on Embur lately, but I have been obsessed with my brows. I've been trying to step away from my handy-dandy Brow Wiz and venture off onto new territory. Although, I didn't venture far because this new product is still from Anastasia Beverly Hills, but Anastasia is the queen of brows, so why would you want to venture far?

The Anastasia DIPBROW Pomade has been at the tip top of my 'to buy' list for a really long time now, and I was so ecstatic to finally have it in my collection. First off, I have to be honest, I was a little terrified to use this product when I first got it. I knew upfront how pigmented it was. It's definitely not a product I would personally use if I wanted to have a natural looking brow. This is definitely for when I really want a strong, bold brow (which you guys know I love to rock). If I want a natural looking brow, I will stick to using my lovely Brow Wiz for sure.



The texture of this product really reminds me of a gel liner. It is super smooth and buttery, so it goes on like a dream. It goes on the skin so buttery, but once it sets, it's not going anywhere! On my skin, I find that it takes a little while to dry, so I do have enough to take a spooly to blend it out. I don't feel like I am rushing the clock like I do with some gel liners; but, depending on how heavy you apply it, it shouldn't take too long to set. However, I would still use a brow gel afterwards to set it all in place, even though I don't think this product is going to go anywhere. The staying power of this pomade is amazing and I had to really scrub my face with my micellar water to get it off. Be warned: since it is so creamy, I would be careful and put the lid back on after each use because it can and will dry out super fast. I'm really bad about doing that, and just running off to film and coming back to all products open, but with this product, definitely keep it closed so it can stay creamy.

When I use this product, I will use any angled brow brush. I find that using an angled brush just helps when I outline the brow. Then like I said above, I take a spooly and blend the color in just like the Brow Wiz. I will say, though, definitely make sure you have a light hand when brushing on the pomade. Just like the Brow Wiz, I gently stroke it on to make it appear like natural hairs. If you do use to heavy of a hand, it will appear very dark on your skin.



I have the auburn shade much like my Brow Wiz, and I personally find the pomade to be a bit darker. It could be due to the fact that the pomade is a gel and has thicker consistency than a retractable pen would. I think if you use a light hand, like I mentioned above, it shouldn't be too dark. I know the first time that I used it, I definitely was not light handed at all and my brows definitely did not match my hair. I looked like I was trying too hard to look like Cara Delevingne. So my advice: just take your time and be gentle.

Other than that, I am so happy with this product and that it is finally in my collection. I really like what it does to my brow shape and really kicks my brows up a notch. I think this promade can really make your eyebrows on fleek in a snap! Next up that I need to get from Anastasia is the tinted brow gel. I am dying to have that beauty in my hands. I'm not so much in a rush to get the brow powder because I find that my NYX brow powder is a perfect dupe for it, so I may wait awhile before splurging on that. Also, let me know in the comments down below if you have tried this and what else from Anastasia Beverly Hills do you love?

xo,
embur.

youtube | twitter | instagram | tumblr | pinterest | bloglovin

8 comments :

  1. I've never tried the dip brow pomade before but I love my brow pencil by Anastasia! Love that there are so many shades in the line, especially ones for redheads because I know that can be hard to find.

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much like redheads themselves, makeup products targeted for us are far and wide. I love the color range for ABH's products, especially since she has two shades that could work for redheads. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm so interested in this, unfortunately we can't get it in europe..

    love, Kat

    whatkatlovestoday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not even from Sephora's website? That sucks! Hit up a friend in Paris because it's amazing haha

      Delete
  3. I've never try brow pomade and this is making what to try it :) Love thick brows that make a statement ;)

    www.maireem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it! Bold lips and bold brows are such a classic look.

      Delete
  4. Never heard of this brand before! What a gorgeous colour xx

    www.roseandmuse.com
    www.roseandmuse.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh it's such a great brand! Check her out on Sephora's website :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment –– I do read every single one!

I will always check out the blogs of people who leave thoughtful and genuine comments & comment back when possible, so please do not spam.