The Sunday Post: Beach Day

February 22, 2015




One of the perks of living where I live is that I am in walking distance from the beach. Luckily this weekend, we have had some of the best weather all winter. My parents also decided to come down and visit me this weekend and they brought Khloe! I was really glad to see my parents after the last two weeks that I have had.

Rewind back to last week, I was dying from trying to balance everything going on in my life. I was happy to have a night off to spend Valentine's Day with a couple of my best gal pals. I did, however, check out 50 Shades of Grey, but my review of that should be another post on it's own. I still feel like I haven't taken a real break since though. I love the weekends because I can sleep and relax, but then I end up catching up on work and doing things for my blog and YouTube. I have a serious problem with not being able to relax and be lazy. I already know that one of the these days I'm going to pass out from exhaustion because I don't know how to stop!

I did have a nice break this weekend, finally, with my parents coming to visit. It was one of those days where I just needed to see my mom and dad. I felt like I could finally breathe again after seeing their lovely faces. Though they just left my apartment a couple hours ago, I can't wait to go home in a few weeks and see them again. I miss Mother Theresa's home cooking (Mother Theresa is the nickname I give my mom because her she is not only my mother, but her name is also Theresa, hence Mother Theresa).

Needless to say that I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders, so a walk on the beach was a necessity today. I was thrilled that the weather had gotten warmer and the sun was shining again today. I thought it was an opportune moment to take Khloe on a walk and get some great pictures for the blog.

How was your weekend? Also, in the meantime, who's watching the Oscars tonight? Leave your thoughts and reflections in the comments down below!


xo,
embur.
 
youtube | twitter | instagram | tumblr | pinterest | bloglovin
 

6 comments :

  1. What a lovely post. Your dog is so cute! It's great to relax and take some time off. Sounds like you had a lovely break with your parents :) xo
    www.beingashleigh.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, it's definitely important to remember to slow down once in a while :)

      Delete
  2. That dog is so cute! Great post.
    You hav a very nice blog! I started following you on Bloglovin.
    I would love a follow back :)

    kisses
    http://shinkusara.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! She is pretty precious.
      Your blog is so cute too :)

      Delete
  3. I love the photo of the cloudy sky with the sun peeping through. I really feel like if I look at the sun, it blinds me. hehe.
    :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't about to not take a picture of the sun because I have missed it so much during this snowpocalypse! haha :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment –– I do read every single one!

I will always check out the blogs of people who leave thoughtful and genuine comments & comment back when possible, so please do not spam.