Dupe Alert | Anastasia Brow Wiz

February 20, 2015


Everybody and their mom nowadays have been using the infamous Anastasia Brow Wiz. I don't blame them! I use it all the time too, it's my holy grail brow item. Anastasia Beverly Hills has capitalized themselves on the brow game. They're also the only high-end brand that can do auburn shaded brow products properly, at least to what I have found.

However, the only picky problem that I have with the Brow Wiz is that I run out of it so quickly. I know that you are only supposed to use it as an outline for your brow, and then use the spooly to blend it in and fill in the brow. I just have a bad habit of using it to fill in my brow a little bit more than just an outline since my brows are almost invisible without it. So instead of buying another one last week at Sephora, I did a little browsing and came across the Sephora Collection Retractable Brow Pencil, and it was like I could hear the angels sing (more than usual in Sephora) when I swatched this baby.


I love that the pencil itself is thin and retractable, so it's perfect for storage. Also, it's waterproof! I have to have my brows on no matter what I do or where I go, so for this product to be waterproof definitely makes me feel more confident to do my brows for when I go to places like the gym, and I don't have to worry about my brows slowly melting off my face. Granted, I don't believe that they would stay on if you were to go scuba diving, but if you happen to test it out, let me know! I also just love the price. The Sephora pencil is $13, whereas the Brow Wiz is a mere $21.

The texture of the product is also very comparable. They both glide on very gently. Whenever I apply the Sephora brow pencil, I will use a light hand to fill my brows in so it resembles hair like feathering. With either one of them I definitely would not use a heavy hand because then you will have drag eyebrows.

Sephora Collection Brown Pencil (left) vs. Anastasia Brow Wiz (right)


Now there are a lot of things that are quite different from the Brow Wiz, but not dramatically. As far as the auburn color, the Sephora pencil leans more brown, where as the Brow Wiz is a true auburn shade. It also does not have a spooly much like the Brow Wiz, which kind of turned me off a little bit, but then again I actually have real spooly brushes I could use instead. What I assume is a comb on the other end, does not distribute color like the Brow Wiz does. I feel like the spooly on the Brow Wiz really helps shade in the brows and make the color more even, where are this little comb does not since it is plastic. I do use it to help shape my brows, but that's about it.

I think if you want a more natural looking brow, then definitely go with the Sephora Collection one. If you want that really bold, HD looking brow, then stick to Anastasia. That's what I have been doing a lot lately. Let me know in the comments below if you have tried the Sephora pencil or if you have any other Brow Wiz dupes!

xo,
embur. 

2 comments :

  1. i do love the brow wiz but the sephora one does look really similar, might have to try it!

    xx danielle // shades of danielle // bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! I really need to try out the new Maybelline one now because I heard it may be similar too.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment –– I do read every single one!

I will always check out the blogs of people who leave thoughtful and genuine comments & comment back when possible, so please do not spam.