IT'S LONDON, BABY! | The London Vlog

June 19, 2014


Hello from the UK! I am officially in London and I'll be living here until the end of the month... which is like next week. It has honestly been absolutely amazing. I want to say that it has all hit me already now that I'm actually here and have been here for about a week and a half now, but something hasn't yet. I figured it might hit me when I'm on the flight home because I know that I'll be deeply depressed and miss here so much. I've only been here for a week and a half and I have already said that I honestly would love to end up living here at some point in my life. I'd have to live in the city of London though, I just love the hustle and bustle of the city. Someplace like Chelsea or Kensington.

The reason I'm in London is because I'm a part of a study abroad program through my university in the States. Everyone in it is from different parts of America. Like I have friends now that are from New York, Texas, Missouri, Boston, and South Carolina. It's kind of crazy to think about, but also really sad because this might be the only chance I get with them. Who knows if we will ever see each other again. Let's not think about that though and focus on the fun stuff and what I've been up to. 

I cover a lot of what I have been in my vlogs (let me just note, I hate daily vlogging sometimes because I never know what to film, so this may be a struggle). The first two days that I was here in London was with my parents. They had wanted to see London as well, so we figured well why not just come over a few days before I have to be at school and discover the city. It really was such a smart idea because I felt much more comfortable with traveling around the city. One of the first things I did when I got to London was go to Nando's for dinner. I see so many freaking British YouTubers talk about Nando's and I just knew that I was going to have to try it. Guys, I've been here for almost about two weeks now, I've had Nando's 7 freakin times. I have a problem. I see why everyone loves it. It's amazingly delicious in every single way. I found out that they sell their sauces at Asda yesterday and I'm going to have to buy some to take home because it's just that awesome. 

So far, school hasn't been that bad. Granted my class can be a bit boring, but what do expect when it comes to Greek Mythology. Like I said before, I've made a ton of friends from all over. One day we went shopping on Oxford Street (which is literally Heaven on Earth). We went to a pastry shop called Choccywoccydoodah and I have never had a chocolate milkshake that has ever tasted as good as the one there. The shop looked like something out of Harry Potter, it was adorable!

We've been taking field trips with the group of study abroad students. We went and saw Wicked one night and it was spectacular (see, I used a different word than just amazing). After the show, one of the girls noticed the actor, Jeremy Taylor, who played Fiyero standing outside the backstage door and we were able to go over and have a short conversation with him and got our picture taken with him. We have gone on a lot of trips. I've visited Canterberry and Dover, Buckingham Palace to see the queen open parliament, the British Museum, the National Portrait Gallery, and as I'm currently writing this, we are on our way to tour Oxford. 




There's been a lot going on that I've had a hard time trying to find time to really blog about it. I'm going to get better about it though. I'm gonna hopefully blog a lot more so that when you're reading that not everything is thrown at you at once and I'm able to go into more detail. 

I hope you guys like this and I know it's different from what I usually blog about, but this isn't just for me to remember everything, it's also because I want to take you guys with you. If you're from the UK, please feel free to leave comments about certain places that I should go and I'll try my best to make it! I'm all about visiting local places that aren't very touristy, but some of the stuff we do has to be touristy and I don't mind it too much. It's really hard to vlog during the week because half of the day is spent in class and I know you guys don't want to see that, I don't blame you. I'm gonna work a lot harder and step it up a little bit. I hope you're evicted because I know I am! 

If you've made it this far, feel free to check out my vlog that goes into more detail about what's all been going down the first few days I was here! 

xo,
embur. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment –– I do read every single one!

I will always check out the blogs of people who leave thoughtful and genuine comments & comment back when possible, so please do not spam.